Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dying Easter Eggs

This is the first year Celeste dyed Easter Eggs. Of course, I had to employ the help of my sister since I am NOT crafty and I wasn't sure if I could handle it on my own. As you can see, the table is covered in plastic. This is so that Daddy won't flip out when he comes home and finds paint everywhere! Celeste loved it, of course!

Celeste wanted to paint every egg blue! Check out her super cute strawberry apron - a bday gift from the Sullivans!

Carla trying her hardest to transfer the egg without cracking it.


Celeste loved to pull them out right away. Carla is trying to teach her to leave them in a little longer...

Pretty pink egg!


At one point Celeste gave up using the egg holder and started sticking her hands into the dye. Check out her arm! She ended up with one green hand and one pinkish hand. We scrubbed and scrubbed, but it didn't fade away for a couple of hours...


Using a wax crayon to draw a design before dying the egg.


And finally a nap! My sister and I are notorious for being able to nap at any moment. Celeste found a comfy spot and went down for the count. I snapped this picture then crawled into my own bed for a little post Easter egg snooze... Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet the Easter Bunny appreciated all the help!!! luv, grandma