Friday, March 6, 2009

Celeste's First Haircut

The time had come! After two years of trying real hard to grow some hair, we decided we needed to get Celeste's hair cut. I was sure that it was going to be a disastrous event. I recruited my sister Carla, to come with me for morale support and to help hold Celeste down during the event. I was prepared for the worst!
Little did I know that Celeste would do wonderful! She was a little shy at first, but the nice lady at the hair salon let her play with some toys and get comfortable. They put a Sesame Street DVD in since it is her favorite. She was even able to pick out her own chair for the haircut! She chose a yellow horse. Then the cutting began!

This is the "before" picture. Can't you see how long her hair is??

Cape is on, ready to cut!


She's actually enjoying herself!! At this point I was literally crying tears of joy. I was completely shocked that she did so well!

A little more layers, please!

Ta da!!! They even put a little clip in her hair! Of course, she left it in all of three minutes, but I was still so impressed! I better hurry up an book another appointment for 2 more years from now...






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe pigtails will be soon!! luv, grandma

Anonymous said...

Love it!! Nice preparation Claudia! And Celeste, you look spectacular!

xo, Lori

Anonymous said...

way to go Celeste..you look beautiful....love aunt ginny